Evelle (Nigerian Idole Winner)........... Why i'm dedicating my victory to my mum.

‘Sweet mother, I no go forget you, for the suffer wey you suffer for me-o,’ so goes the famous lines from Nico Mbaga’s classic, Sweet Mother. Those lines must have been playing through the mind of Evelle (Zibili Evelyn), Nigerian Idols Season 4 winner, last weekend, at Dream Studios, when she emerged winner. The overwhelmed new millionaire was all smiles as she was presented with her prize money of N7.5m and a car while being flanked by her family, loved ones, friends, fans and of course, officials of Etisalat and Pepsi, sponsors of the platform. However, Evelle’s mum was conspicuously absent at her daughter’s crowning. Reason, as a result of the ghastly car crash she had three weeks earlier on her way from Benin City, the Edo State capital, to Lagos to watch her daughter perform.
In a chat with The Entertainer, amidst tears and joy, Evelle dedicated her victory to her mum. “I feel so amazing and extra ordinary. I feel I could just jump and touch the stars. I’m dedicating my victory to my mum,” she said happily adding that, “I know when I call
and tell her I won she’s going to feel a lot better. She was traveling from Benin City, the Edo State capital, to Lagos to watch my performance when she had an accident three weeks ago.”
According to Evelle, her mum’s injuries are so bad that the doctors had to implant iron rods in her legs. “She’s not been able to walk since last week. I’m sure that if she hears this news she’s going to be 99 per cent happier and better; I’m so happy I can put a smile on her face at last. I’m dedicating my victory to mum; who else but my mum?” She asked rhetorically with her eyes gleaming with joy, “God first and then my mum; it has to be my mum.”

As to her immediate plans, Evelle says the first thing she would do is to pay her tithes and then she would enter into music proper.
Her words “I held God by the neck for this victory
so I’m going to pay my tithes, and then
I’m going to make more music because I believe that more music means more peace,
more joy, more love and more of everything positive you can think of. “Music can actually give you so much joy and a lot more. And that’s what I’m
going to be doing because I need to extend my music and my message to the
whole world,” she adds with a bright smile on her face.
Evelle’s success was not an easy task.  Although she was being saved by the judges
through a wild card, but then last week she wasn't not favoured by voters thereby creating
fears among her fans that she might not win.
What did she do to get more votes and finally won the crown?
“I just said to myself, ‘okay Evelle, for
you to win you need to get more people to vote for you; I knew I needed God. So
I went to God in prayer and I told Him,
‘Baba, I don’t know how this is going to happen but I want to give my best shot and
I want you to help me do this. Even those that are voting for my opponents would
be compelled to vote for me this time’,”
she says with the sound of joyful and loud laughter.
Evelle revealed that when she made it to the last 12 standing, she was intimidated by the quality of talent on ground. To her, she never believed she could end up being the winner.
She says; “Sincerely I never believed that I could
win, “I met so many good singers in
the house. I was
like ‘I know I have a good voice but
how am I going to win?”
Even at that, Evelle was not discouraged instead she
looked inwards for strength and inspiration to conquer: “I started
putting in a lot of effort
to improve. I fantasise a lot so I learnt to bring my fantasy
into reality. I actually
prayed to God and said, ‘Lord, let help me get to the top
so I could start my music career.’
He answered my prayers
and now I’m here; I’m so
grateful to God.”
Evelle revealed that her greatest
Challenge came from
Fellow housemate,
Elvis Jay, whom she describes as her greatest threat.

On her next level of action,
Evelle says she wont rest now that she has a record deal with Universal Music worth millions of naira, cos she’s already making moves to consolidate. She disclosed that she was
headed straight to the studio to complete work on her debut album which should
be released within a month!
“From here I’m going straight to church and from there I’m hitting the
gym and really getting busy; I just can’t wait to start. There’s so much in me I
just can’t wait to let out and if I don’t I’m
going to burst from the pressure. “I’m hitting the gym to work on my
body and I’m going to be in the studio every day. Don’t be surprised if I drop a
full album soon. I‘v been working on this
for a while now; back on Nigerian idol, I began working on my fan page in anticipation of
victory and now I’m here.”

On  how soon she is going to release her
debut album, here is what she has to say?
“In less than a month, i’m going to be doing a lot of
inspirational stuff; R&B and pop. Before now I was doing all genres of music;
my fans should expect something extra
ordinary!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly leave a comment below